On August of 2012, a very special woman left to the heaven’s above. At the age of 47, Modesta Longoria-our Tia, passed away after a valiant battle with breast cancer. During her last weeks with us physically, many of us will never forget her telling us that although her body was tired, she HERSELF- was not. This was a testament of her strong spirit and her courageous journey with this unfortunate disease.
In 2012, we added an additional philanthropy to Supernova- Celebrating Life, While Giving Back To The Community, in honor of our loved one – Auntie Modesta (Tita). Her journey and will to fight this disease is an inspiration that provided strength, support, and love to so many. In her honor, we introduced a scholarship that is available to students.
- Personal Essay (2 pages maximum). Open to any major but please describe how your current educational and/or professional path will lead towards raising cancer awareness, prevention and/ or support within the Latino community.
- Must be enrolled at least part time (6 units) in a junior college or university in Northern California, working towards an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s Degree.
- Current transcripts (unofficial is ok). Must have a minimum 2.8 GPA (If below a 2.8, briefly make note of how you hope to obtain the required GPA)
- One letter of recommendation from a professor, mentor or employment supervisor, speaking on your potential for leadership and qualification for this award (more then one letter is OK)
- Students of Latino background (or those who demonstrate a commitment to Latino communities)
We request that the student be available for Supernova- Celebrating Life, While Giving Back To The Community event on December1st, 2018 in Milpitas, California so that we may introduce recipients to our guests.
Please submit all materials by –
Sunday, November 3, 2019 by 5 pm
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional support, contact us at email@example.com